Torn fin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've just noticed tonight that my Banggai's left underneath fin is torn a little bit - it's got a small chunk missing out of it that was there before.

I think it may have happened earlier tonight during feeding time - I think they both got a bit excited and my clown may have nibbled on his fin by accident when going for the food. They get on great (have done for months) so it's likely to be an accident rather than anything malicious ;)

Anyway, will his fin heal up do you think? If so, how long should it take?

I would soak the food in Selcon or Zoe to provide the necessary vitamins to help heal the wound faster. This will also help build the fishs' immunity system.

Mike

Will the fish's immune system have been damaged by the tear then?

I am not sure, but the vitamins will help fight off any secondary infections that could occur if not treated.

Mike

Cheers...

I've just looked at him tonight, and his fin seems to be 80% healed up (as opposed to 40% this morning!). Strange! ...

You should keep a bottle of Melafix under your tank it works great and no soaking. It's made by aquarium pharmaceuticals

Back
Top Bottom