Training Betta Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
As anyone ever trained a Betta Fish to do tricks i've seen it on Youtube but never heard of anyone else doing it

I taught one to jump for treats before, biggest mistake I made...he jumped right out of his bowl one night and dried up :-(

Niki said:
I taught one to jump for treats before, biggest mistake I made...he jumped right out of his bowl one night and dried up :-(

Sorry for your betta :( Mine has not jumped out of the water yet but he does jump for his bloodworms. (treats)

I just got mine last Saturday but I'm already getting him to follow my finger around the tank. He jumped for a pellet of food from my finger too but then I realized that was a bad thing to teach him since the lid for his tank hasn't arrived yet lol If you wanted to go nuts you could order this: Fish School lol

I had a female that would follow my finger in a little circle to get a treat.

Has anyone toughed their scales and things like that

My betta, Jenny, sucks on my arm whenever I reach in to do maintenance :lol
I'd love to train her, she seems intelligent.

Ha must be a very brainy fish
My pleco sticks his head out of the water to get the good algae hes pretty brainy

Every single betta I have will jump to get their blood worms. Though some go to the extreme. I have one female that when I put the breeder net in she would shimmy between the glass and the net all the way to the top and jump into the net eat the food/fry then jump back out the other side :)

Starka said:
Every single betta I have will jump to get their blood worms. Though some go to the extreme. I have one female that when I put the breeder net in she would shimmy between the glass and the net all the way to the top and jump into the net eat the food/fry then jump back out the other side :)

Haha mine used to do that! I love them! Think they are really cute!! Loves attention too!

Back
Top Bottom