Transferring everything from my 29 gallon to my 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reese

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 gallon FOWLR with about 30 lbs. of LR, 2 in. deep sandbed which currently houses a yellow tang, a false perc, a royal gramma, a bunch of hermit crabs and nassarius snails, and a BTA. The tank has been up and running for almost a year. My wet/dry is rated for a 90 gallon tank.

Once I have my new hood/lights ready, I'm going to transfer everything to the new setup (75 gallon). Right now all that is in the new tank is about a 4 in. sandbed and dry base rock for a foundation. I plan on mixing up some saltwater in the new tank and adding some new cured LR, sand from the 29, and two powerheads. Once I'm ready to move the livestock(I'll test the parameters of course), I'll add the rock and more of the sand from the other tank and quickly transfer the wet/dry. Pretty simple. But I'm wondering if there is something I'm not considering?

It sounds like everything is covered. By transfering wet dry and live rock from old tank you should be OK. Only thing is you might suffer small cycle when you add new LR. Make sure to scrub dieoff pretty good so as to minimize this.

Back
Top Bottom