Trigger fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank9498

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 56 gallon that's 30 long x 24 high x 18 deep and I was wondering If I could get a trigger fish.

On your best day maybe and I mean maybe a blue jaw trigger. The biggest I have personally seen is 9-10 inches. They fairly non aggressive and u should be able to add some other things with it. That is not a guarantee but it should be fine. But please take it case by case.

I had a Blue Jaw years ago in a 75g and towards the end, it was probably getting questionable for size. It was very active...used to do figure eights around the tank. Im not sure less than 4' would be good for it. i got it around 4-5" and was around 9" at the end. Great fish though.

No you cant. Not long enough

I agree with nu-nu , imo it's just not large enough for the species ,usually a 75 gallon tank is considered the minimal tank size and even that is kinda questionable,..a 100 + gal setup would be a better fit,...triggers are great critters but tend to be territorial and mean ..,Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom