Trouble fine-tuning CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurphyFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all!

Finally jumped into pressurized CO2 so I could turn on more bulbs in my fixture (currently 2x 10000K, 1x 6500, 1x actinic all 54w t5HO) over a 75g tank. The plants are doing well and there is less algae.

I have the Milwaukee regulator that several people here bought, but I can't seem to get consistent bubbles from it. I set it to about 1/sec, then come back a few minutes later and there is either no CO2 bubbles or else it is pouring out. I am having to limit the CO2 to when I am home to watch it, and need to adjust it several times daily to maintain the right amount.
I am using the RedSea Co2reactor 500, might replace that soon though. If the Co2 isn't flowing that reactor actually pumps water out of the tank and I fear disaster if the CO2 tubing ever became detached from the tank.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

sounds like the high side needs to be adjusted up. What is the high side gauge reading?

Yep, definitely sounds like there isn't enough pressure. I keep mine around 10-15lbs. Before I started running that much pressure, I had the same issue.

You guys are too smart! The right side gauge (I'm guessing that is the high one) was at zero. The needle valve wasn't threaded on properly. So no matter how high I turned it up, the system wouldn't hold pressure. I pulled it off with a wrench and put it on correctly, now the right gauge is holding pressure. Makes more sense......thanks for your help as always!

Back
Top Bottom