Tuberculosis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silver_rose42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently adopted a pleco who had a serious concave stomach. I adopted him because he was being basically eaten alive by the baby plecos in the tank. It was clearly overstocked and the fish were clearly underfed. I've been trying to do my research to see if there's anything I can do, and I came across the potential of it being tuberculosis. He hardly swims around, he doesn't eat, and his fins are torn to shreds. From what I've found, he may have tuberculosis, and there aren't really any treatments for him if that is what he has. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen to theirs, and if there was anything that could successfully treat him? Everything I've found seems to suggest I could try giving him b vitamins in liquid form, but it's not a guarantee. Just looking for possible suggestions. I don't want to euthanize him, but I don't want him to suffer either. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

Here are the pics

118m3a8.jpg

The entire area outlined in white is all sunken in and that color. I was happy he was at least having enough strength to stay attached to the wall. When I got him, he hardly moved from the gravel.

But this looks like another forum's post where her albino pleco looked just like this. I'm just curious if anyone has any idea what this is.

Oh my gosh! :( His fins are all rotted too. Yeah, I would say that's a little sunken in. I would get some anti-parasitic food ASAP, and some fin rot meds. If those don't work, it might be something more that you can't fix. :(

I would get some melifix and pimafix for him it will help with his fins along with the anti parasitic food if he will eat it. wow poor fish!

Back
Top Bottom