Turbo twist UV sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just recently brought Turbo twist UV sterilizer the middle sized one. I'm not home to give you the exact size but I do know they come in 3 sizes. I tried attaching it to the discharge side of my fluval 306 but the problem I'm running into is the pump on my fluval is not strong enough to push the water through the sterilizer and back into my tank. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem. I do have a fluval 406 and I'm thinking since it's a bigger pump it might be able to push the water through the sterilizer and back into the tank but before I go changing everything around I wanted to ask first.

I have an Aqua Medic Helix UV Steriliser which I believe uses the same principle as your turbo twist.
It reduces flow rate from my filter only slightly and I did not have a problem getting it started. It is important that your UV output is higher than the input to avoid air locks. Mine recommended vertical installation but I still got away with horizontal installation. Mine has input and output connections that rotate allowing the output to be higher than the input.
My best guess is that you have an air lock.

I have a Coralife Turbotwist 9v plumbed into the return line of my Fluval 206. It is mounted horizontally under the tank in the cabinet/stand. I noticed hardly any reduction in flow rate. There is a maximum length below the tank the filter can be mounted and the hose needs to be as short and straight as practical. (head pressure) OS.

Back
Top Bottom