Twin spot goby any info ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spudsy69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ANy info will b helpful I'm considering getting one

They are ravenous and need a good fuge system in order to keep them alive or healthy at least.

I'm running a 10 gallon no fuge but introducing Copepods tomorrow burn pouch from lfshe said it will b fine

They do better in pairs. Like blood worms. They could be the toughest sand sifters to keep alive. Good luck.

Mine jumped out within 24 hours. Luckily I saw him and tossed him back in. An hour later, he was in the filter sock, so back to the LFS he went.

Size wise he would fit in a 10 but no way a tank that small can sustain food for him. He would starve no doubt.

Those gobies are neat and one of my favorite fish but like others here have said they are the if not the toughest sifter. Putting in live pods at this point probably won't do the trick unless you get lucky. These fish need a very large and very seasoned sand bed normally. I'm talking about a 120 or similar size with a sandbed that has been in place and healthy and not sifted by other sifters for a year or so. They do better in numbers (two or more). They will jump so make sure the top is covered as well. I would not attempt that fish in a 10 gallon tank in all honesty. In a bigger system you may be able to train them to eat other foods but at least you would have the available micro fauna in the sand to support them while you are training them. They need the micro fauna that lives in sand, not just the pods that will swim around. They don't actively chase prey, they sift the sand and get their nutrients from microscopic things in the sand bed.
Have you looked at maybe a clown goby or panda goby? Or maybe a Yasha goby with a pistol shrimp? I would thing one of those fish would be more appropriate but do make sure you have some cover on the tank, most gobies will eventually jump.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom