Two Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

accorddude

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two problems now. Up untill last week my tank was doing amazing. Then I droped cyclopeeze into my tank by accident and it turned red. (its a 10 gal tank). The proteen skimmer a nano skimmer by Current USA went crazy and drained out two gallons of water in under an hour. And another two gallons of water the next day. Then it went back to its normal self the water was real dirty for the first two gallons it skimmed out but the last two were clear. Well the skimmer behaved normally untill last night when it went crazy and drained out a galon of water and it was all clear not foamy or dirty at all. So today I unpluged the skimemr and am trying to figure out what to do. The tank test at 0, 0, 7.8ph, and 430ca(i cant remember what it was this morning but i think it was 430 and alk was good too Im new to these two test so i forget the right numbers unless i look on the test kit).

Also my hydromoter seems to be broken one time when i test the water it will say their is no salt then it will say its .023, then i try again and its .025 or .o27 or .018. Should i get a new hydrmoter or go for a refractometer. Im worried I have an incorrect salt level in my tank now.

All the stuff in my tank is doing great though everything is still coming all the way out and looks good.

Skimmers' performance can be affected by PH, salinity and other factors. Mayb a change in ur PH affected ur skimmer. HTH

Back
Top Bottom