two spare tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveness123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I have two spare tanks one is a 40liter and the other is a 20liter. I want the 40liter to be the main display and the 20 to be the sump. At the moment I have ocean rock normal sand and three filters in there with a peace of raw shrimp.

I can't get my live sand or live rock till the 27th of December. Is it worth me waiting to get all the bits for the sump anthem live sand etc... Or just leave it cycling as it is?

Thanks for any help.

How much rock is in there? Live sand is highly debated because after shipping and storage, there's no telling if anything is still alive. It can't hurt to keep cycling now, though you may see a mini cycle when more live rock is added. Just be patient!

Thanks for the reply. There's about 3.5kg of rock in there but it's not live rock. I havnt setup rhe sump yet as it's too close to xmas to be spending loads on my tanks.

I have a skimmer rated 120lph witch I want to put in the small sump and a 200lph wave maker I want to use once all the clutter is out the tank.

Im adding 2.5kg of live rock tomorrow and taking some of the other rock out

Back
Top Bottom