type of salt and price everyone uses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wandering brand and price u pay for your mix....I been getting my instant ocean reef crystals 200. Gallon box for 56.00 shipped to my door is this good ? Any one have any other sugestions?

I'll try them out I been getting.mine from pet solutions ..... And u use instant ocean reef Crystals?

I use Seachem reef crystals, 160 mix bucket shipped free for $52 on Amazon. I have amazing coral growth n' color since switching from reef crystals to.

So the price I been paying is about right ....I get the 200 gallon box ...I was paying 20.00 for a bag that makes 50 gallons from local fish store which was kinda exspensive ...does anyone notice a big difference between the brands?

I use tropic marine Bio actiff it is expensive but night and day in a reef tank compared to reef crystals if your running a fowlr tank instant ocean is the cheapest and the fish don't care

Since my LFS stopped carrying regular Red Sea salt, I now order 2 200g boxes at a time of Instant Ocean from Drs F&S for $80 shipped.

I switched from red sea coral pro to reef crystals. I had alkaline levels of 15 with red sea, now they are around 8. I may switch and mix 50/50 instant ocean with oceanic as that may give me a little higher alkalinity. I noticed my calcium am mg are more stable with the reef crystals. I get mine from dr fosters but think I am switching to BRS as it is a dollar or two more but you get points towards future purchases.

I currently use regular instant ocean now, but plan to switch to salt made specially for reef tanks.

The regular instant ocean is $50.00 at Petco (where I buy mine).

I'm see a lot of reef crystals from Dr fosters ..ill have to try them next time I order..... Has any one ever tried the petco brand salt?. Is it any good

Back
Top Bottom