Unbalanced Acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Frank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
I have recently noticed my Electric Blue Acara resting vertically. She is fine while swimming but while she is resting she is vertical. She is the larger one of the pair (3.5 inches) in the tank (55 gallons) and has never shown signs of this before.

I assumed this to be a swim bladder deficiency although it is uncommon for Acara to display swim bladder issues.

What do you guys think?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_1822.jpgIMG_1824.jpgIMG_1821.jpg

Thank-you for your time,
Frank.

Hi all,
I have recently noticed my Electric Blue Acara resting vertically. She is fine while swimming but while she is resting she is vertical. She is the larger one of the pair (3.5 inches) in the tank (55 gallons) and has never shown signs of this before.

I assumed this to be a swim bladder deficiency although it is uncommon for Acara to display swim bladder issues.

What do you guys think?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 308654View attachment 308655View attachment 308656

Thank-you for your time,
Frank.
If she's swimming fine and eats normally without constantly fin clamping, excessive hiding, white stringy poop, she may be just fine and that it's just a new behavior for her. Have you changed you lighting situation, such as using a moonlight setting overnight or started using a different type of buld recently? She may have just started doing it to keep excessive light out of her eyes while resting. Just keep an eye on her during active hours for any other unusual signs.

Back
Top Bottom