Unidentified Fish Fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daxhua

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I go to feed my fish this morning and to my suprise :fish2: I see tiny baby fish swimming at the surface. I don't know who the parents are or what to do with them. I put some floating fake plants so they would have a place to hide but other thant that I don't know what else to do. I only have three fish species in my tank balas, red eye tetras, and pictus catfish. Im pretty sure there not catfish seriously doubt they are balas that just leaves the tetras :confused:. What do you guys think? Maybe somebody out there with more experience can help me id them. I tried taking a pic but they are so small you cant really see them.
Description: they are pale in color and basically a head and tale. Sorry thats really the best I can do right now.

congrats on your surprise babies!! I have no help or info for you lol :)

do you have another tank or maybe a breeding net to put them in?
they will still be in danger of being eaten/bullied for quite a while, and it would be smart to seperate them until they appear big enough for your tank.
it sounds like you have some baby tetras on your hands, but im not sure what a bala is, so i cant be certain.
best of luck with your baby fishies!

You really arent goin to be able to tell wha kind they are when they're that small. What kind of fish are in the tank, were any showing weird behavior before you noticed the fry?

I think they are the tetras, My mom has a tank dedicated to them and catfish, You should see the tank in the morining, everyone is spawning lol. Ilve found fry in there too!

Thanks everybody for your help, I went out and purchased a breeding net to keep them until they get bigger.
I still have one question that I need answered. What do I feed these little guys?

i think they are tetra as i dont think the other fry types would go to the top? dunno but it would be cool. congrats, they are heppy tanks!!
i feed fry tetramin stage 3 fry food, then whole flakes for guppies at 3/4cm or whole tetra colour discs for cichlid fry
iv raised loads of fry, the largest survival rate was with the tetramin then norm flakes xx

Back
Top Bottom