Unknown Species ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry Little

Aquarium Advice Regular
Greetings --

It's been a while since I last posted any question to this group. I'm trying to find aquarium plant that we kept when I was growing up. my mom had it in her aquariums from my earliest memories (late 1950s) through the early 1980s. Several families kept this species and always had enough to pass back and forth or to give to new aquarists.

The plant looked similar to several generic Cryptocorynes. The leaves were 3" - 4" long, fairly narrow, with deep green top surfaces and wine colored to maroon undersides. They reproduced prolifically by means of stolons. Two or three plants could end up carpeting A 20 gallon tank in just a few months. Do any of y'all have any clue as to what this plants species might be?

Unfortunately, all of us got out of aquarium keeping around the same time, so we lost track of these plants. I would dearly love to be able to find it
again. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Autumnski

hanks for responding. The leaves somewhat resemble C. lucens; each leaf has a stem like that, but the plants are only about 4 inches tall. Definitely a foreground plant.

Back
Top Bottom