Update 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minato

Aquarium Advice Regular
Been some time since my last update. am at slow pace with my hobby due to being very busy lately, so I managed to get my baby up and working did 2 test, which turned out to be catastrophe. as I found the outlet piping sometime catch too much air so water won't flow out, so I decide to fix it, thats when I spilled one of the containers, when disassembling. Any way I manage to adjust the 8mm outlet pipe by siliconing 10mm garden hose over it, 9 test where in 1 test 1 of the containers got stuck.I want to be safe so I am going to insulate the electric extension plug that's on the bottom shelf of the unit, in a plastic container, incase it overflows, before I carry any further. Here's some pick and latest unwanted batch, btw the bay are for egg layers with their fry on their right and on the other pic for livebearers

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447709374.920645.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447709395.033338.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447709412.043265.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447709475.558288.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447709488.631676.jpg

Peace and Success to your fishes from my iPhone

Are there lights for every shelf or are you just relying on ambient light? I know a lot of breeders don't light their fish to save money. I just can't tell from the pictures which direction you are going with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are there lights for every shelf or are you just relying on ambient light? I know a lot of breeders don't light their fish to save money. I just can't tell from the pictures which direction you are going with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I am nearly done with my shelf unit, I am planning on lighting each shelf and maybe even divide each containers with wall and with its own light. As am not done I can't say how will it look nor work, so far I have my system working (as on previous picture) first pipe on the left is outlet water from each container, middle pipe is outlet for the excess water from the water pump which is connected to the last pipe. (so the water travels upward to the feeding pipes, continue going upward over the shelf and down the sump).Other than that there will be more improvements, but for my first attempt I think it's sound. Anything else you want to ask ? :)

Peace and Success to your fishes from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom