Update on Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butterflikissies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just wanted you all to know that my tank is finally clearing up!

I think I know what the problem was.. I said my tank was clear the first week but it had a hazy look to it. I think as the sand was soaking in the water it was starting to release tiny particles into the water. I think my filter was taking it in and thats why after a week i had the tank set up, the filter foam popped up. I cleaned the filter.. and after a few days it started getting cloudy again. After a week it got worse. So, I've been doing water changes everyday for about 4 days and it was getting better.. but was still cloudy. I decided I was going to clean the filter again last night ( I had cleaned it 3 1/2 weeks before) and this morning I turned the light on.. it was sooooo much better!!! I still have very tiny dust like particles floating but you can't see it from a distance. I think after a few more water changes it should be completly crystal clear. :)

I just thought I'd let you all know what the problem was since it was such a mystery.

Congrats! Now you have an experience that you can relay to other people that have similar problems!

Back
Top Bottom