update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1873teddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, got my first stock for my 28 us gallon tank at the weekend, got 6 threadfin rainbows, a rusty plec & also have 2 yamato shrimp. My plan is to eventually get 6 cardinals, 6 endler guppys & try to make the tank as colourful, yet a peaceful community aquarium.

Can anyone advise which fish would be a threat to the shrimp at all?

It is going very well so far, the rainbows are very interesting fish, with the males constantly displaying, what can I do to encourage breeding of these?

Many thanks.

1873teddy said:
Hi all, got my first stock for my 28 us gallon tank at the weekend, got 6 threadfin rainbows, a rusty plec & also have 2 yamato shrimp. My plan is to eventually get 6 cardinals, 6 endler guppys & try to make the tank as colourful, yet a peaceful community aquarium.

Can anyone advise which fish would be a threat to the shrimp at all?

It is going very well so far, the rainbows are very interesting fish, with the males constantly displaying, what can I do to encourage breeding of these?

Many thanks.

I love my TF Rainbows ! Avoid any bossy fast eaters. TFs have tiny mouths and do well with Nano fish. I have mine with Celestial Pearl Danios.

Yamato ? Same as Amano Shrimp I think, get decent sized. I think your stock will be ok. But personally I avoid Live Bearers, unless I only add a couple of males. Unless you want your tank over run with Endlers ;)

Back
Top Bottom