updating a "hang on back" type filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lisa67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an aqua tech 30-60 "hang on back" type filter for my 55 gal tank. This was the origional filter I started with. (A few weeks ago I was having trouble with it so I added a second filter, but now this one is working fine again so I want to keep both). The new filter looks very nice and modern while the part of the aqua tech that extends down into the water is kind of clunky and old-fashion looking... for lack of better words. I don't want to replace the whole filter, but just that part (I guess it could be called the water intake). I tried their website but didn't see replacement parts. Does anyone know if parts if chain stores sell interchangable parts or how I could go about replacing this piece?

You could always take the inlet pipe/part with you to a LFS and see if there's something that's the same size from a different mfg. If a new piece is too long, you could test fit it and trim part of it off.

Back
Top Bottom