Upgrading Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Namar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I've been taking care of a 29gal for a few months now. Had some downs but after doing a little research and asking questions here things seem to be fine.

I'm ready to upgrade and have been looking at 75-90gal tanks. I've come across what seems like good deals on Craigslist but want some feedback before moving ahead. I want to stock with cichlids.

- There is a really nice 80gal acrylic aquarium complete with stand, lid, lights, pumps, etc. All for $500. It look really really nive with the curved corners I just don't know anything about acrylic. They don't seem to be popular as this is the first I've come across. Are there pros/cons to an acrylic tank?
FISH TANK AQUARIUM 80 GAL ACRYLIC
if anyone wants to look.

- There are a lot of aquariums for sale without any additional equipment such as heaters, filters and lights. I am also a bit confused as to the difference between the water pumps and filters. I need advice on the hardware I would need operate a tank this size.

- There is also a nice 72gal bowfront with all sorts of pipes and sumps in the stand. I've never run a system like this, what is the purpose and do they actually make things easier to manage?
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/for/4213777892.html
if anyone want to look

Last edited:
Hello Nam...

The problem with used tanks is you have to settle for something that's likely not exactly what you want and used tanks, especially larger ones, can come with small leaks or get damaged during the move.

I've purchased several used tanks and have a 50-50 success rate. I finally stopped getting used tanks and saved for what I really wanted.

B

Thanks for the feedback guys. Slammed500 those links were very helpful. I'm steering clear of the acrylic tank as a result now.

Back
Top Bottom