Upset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I did a re-design of my tank. Now my crypts seem to have melted. I am hoping that this will only be temporary and maybe they are stressed. Hopefully they will come back to life. I currently don't have any pictures of it. Anyone out there know of this?

It happens . Crypts don't like to be moved . I do it and have never had a problem , knock wood , but I could be just lucky . Anyway they should come back .

It is disappointing to be sure, but not unexpected. They can be completely fine, or they can be "upset" and do the melt thing. Sometimes if you have them out of the water and they get a little dry, or do a very big water change or maybe have different water parameters from the tank to the holding bucket.

That's crypts for you. If they're not completely melted they can come back. I had some lose every single leaf and then sprout new ones for me though. It does happen sometimes, but keep an eye on it and make sure to remove any rotting leaves as they fall.

Back
Top Bottom