URGENT! Need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malchill

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank. I accidently put ick/parasite formula (the kind at walmart) with my fish in there. I had to go to work so i wont be home for another 9 hours. How screwed are my fish? Will it kill them? Im worried sick. Sorry if this is the wrong place to add a thread of this kind. First time on forums.

Are you talking about the medicine? If so, how much did you put in? It's meant to be safe for fish and to help them, so I can't see why it would kill them all... But regardless, i'd do a large water change when you get home to remove most of it and stick some carbon in your filters if you don't already have some in there.

Just relax. It's out of your hands now and there's nothing you can do until you get home.

Are you talking about the medicine? If so, how much did you put in? It's meant to be safe for fish and to help them, so I can't see why it would kill them all... But regardless, i'd do a large water change when you get home to remove most of it and stick some carbon in your filters if you don't already have some in there.

Just relax. It's out of your hands now and there's nothing you can do until you get home.

Agreed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom