Using Pimafix for a dip? Salt dip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BubblesBW

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My beta has some fin rot, a couple to a few missing scales, and the start of what look like a couple whitish patches. I've tried quarantining her and treating with Pimafix but it's been difficult to keep up with the couple-gallon tank (haven't felt great with early pregnancy) so I want to put her back in the 10 gal. Are any of these symptoms likely to transfer to my cory cats? Would a salt dip and/or a Pimafix dip help her? What would the dosage be for either one? Thanks in advance!

Also, in regards to being pregnant, I have been careful to use gloves and wash my hands very well after I feed and treat the fish!

Fin rot usually gets to fish who are stressed, nipped at, or bad water conditions. She fin rot and scales will grow back in just clean water. It takes time, (Alot of time) but, if your 10 gallon is better water I would put her in there. And if there's any other fish in there that will nip at her. I'd just find something big enough to float her in til the baby comes. But, u still gotta change her water. What I've been doing. (Waiting for a 3g tank for my 6 wk old baby Betta) just got her last wk. I put her in a big vase inside my other 10g Betta tank (float it) and when I do a water change. I take her out of the vase and dump the old water out and refill it with my 10g tanks water after I do a water change on that. And I add alittle aquarium salt to my 10 gallon just to help her out. It helps both of them. Congrats on the baby. Hope everything goes fast and good for ya's.

Fin rot usually gets to fish who are stressed, nipped at, or bad water conditions. She fin rot and scales will grow back in just clean water. It takes time, (Alot of time) but, if your 10 gallon is better water I would put her in there. And if there's any other fish in there that will nip at her. I'd just find something big enough to float her in til the baby comes. But, u still gotta change her water. What I've been doing. (Waiting for a 3g tank for my 6 wk old baby Betta) just got her last wk. I put her in a big vase inside my other 10g Betta tank (float it) and when I do a water change. I take her out of the vase and dump the old water out and refill it with my 10g tanks water after I do a water change on that. And I add alittle aquarium salt to my 10 gallon just to help her out. It helps both of them. Congrats on the baby. Hope everything goes fast and good for ya's.
Thank you so much for a very thorough reply! That's a good idea to keep her contained. My cory cats hardly know she exists, though, so that won't be a problem. And thank you! I feel bad that I've neglected my fish babies so much but real baby is taking some priority, lol. I'll put beta back in the 10 gal and see if I can get her feeling better. :)

Oh, would the salt bother the corys?

Lol! You must be having a girl. [emoji39] my boy was pretty easy. But my girl, well, she was and is a whole different ball park. Enjoy every min. [emoji4]

Lol! You must be having a girl. [emoji39] my boy was pretty easy. But my girl, well, she was and is a whole different ball park. Enjoy every min. [emoji4]
Haha! That's so funny you say that, 'cause my husband and I both have a feeling it's a girl! I guess we'll find out in a few weeks!

Not to mess with but my boy threw me for a loop! I was sick forever. My girls just made me tired so all I did was sit and eat! I got so fat with my girls! My daughter in law is the opposite! Her girls make her super sick!

Not to mess with but my boy threw me for a loop! I was sick forever. My girls just made me tired so all I did was sit and eat! I got so fat with my girls! My daughter in law is the opposite! Her girls make her super sick!
Wow, crazy! I actually haven't felt very "sick", so I'm grateful for that. I'm super excited to see what we're having!

I wasn't sick with either of mine but, my girl I'll just say, beat me up pretty good. Had to sit down alot. Everything I ate just made me feel nauseous. She loved olives though. Lol! Anyways, my bets a girl.get ready for tea party's. Lol!

I wasn't sick with either of mine but, my girl I'll just say, beat me up pretty good. Had to sit down alot. Everything I ate just made me feel nauseous. She loved olives though. Lol! Anyways, my bets a girl.get ready for tea party's. Lol!
Haha I love how this conversation changed. [emoji23] I think apples made me nauseous around 12 weeks. It was weird!

Interesting thread lol have to chime in.

My son gave me migraines and heartburn, I craved caulk (we were remodeling) it's called pica when you crave something non edible. I substituted it with cake frosting gained 10 lbs in a month lol. After he was born he was easy all the way into adulthood lol. Oh..and he has always been an fish lover.

Interesting thread lol have to chime in.

My son gave me migraines and heartburn, I craved caulk (we were remodeling) it's called pica when you crave something non edible. I substituted it with cake frosting gained 10 lbs in a month lol. After he was born he was easy all the way into adulthood lol. Oh..and he has always been an fish lover.
Haha this thread has derailed. [emoji23] Gosh, that stinks! Pray I don't have to deal with those. [emoji51] Love that he's a fish lover! Fish are great.

Haha I love how this conversation changed. [emoji23] I think apples made me nauseous around 12 weeks. It was weird!
I know, I'd hate to see all the men's faces that come across this thread. Lol! Sorry guys! [emoji16] [emoji23] oh, yes, the Betta should be fine. Lol! Hang in then!

Just a side road :) , can’t use pimafix as a dip I’m afraid. Would run the risk of being too strong.

Salt at say a teaspoon per 5 gallons would be fine as far as I know with cories.

Your beta doesn’t sound too good. Eventually the Cory could catch the same but ime takes a bit of time.

If the tank gravel is clean from gravel vacs and water changes are regular to keep high quality water and temperature is stable, then imo can’t do much more and would go for stronger meds if condition stays the same or gets worse. Gravel though is worth cleaning as that can be very dirty.

Just a side road :) , can’t use pimafix as a dip I’m afraid. Would run the risk of being too strong.

Salt at say a teaspoon per 5 gallons would be fine as far as I know with cories.

Your beta doesn’t sound too good. Eventually the Cory could catch the same but ime takes a bit of time.

If the tank gravel is clean from gravel vacs and water changes are regular to keep high quality water and temperature is stable, then imo can’t do much more and would go for stronger meds if condition stays the same or gets worse. Gravel though is worth cleaning as that can be very dirty.
Wow, sorry for the mega delayed response! Thank you! That's great information and very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom