using root tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AgilityIG

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought some Seachem Flourish Tabs for my plants. I want to make sure I use them correctly. The box says to place them every six inches. I have a couple Amazon Swords, Moneywort, a few crypts, some anubias - should I just place them between the plants under the sand so that multiple plants will benefit from one tab? Also, the box says that the tabs should be replaced ever 3-4 months - will there actually be a tab to take out/replace or will it dissolve completely?

i usually just stick them under my root feeders such as swords. other plants like moneywort wont benefit from them.

i've never taken any out either. i just stick them in every once in a while

They dissolve really fast. every 4-6 months is a lie if you have strong light and co2. More like every 2 months you shove a few in.

put them around the heavy root feeders such as the amazon sword and crypts. the others done need them.

Thanks - I'll put them around my swords and crypts. I don't have CO2 or strong light, so should be fine that way.

Back
Top Bottom