Uv sterilizer!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeysdiscus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so what's everybodies view on sterilizers I have just orders the vectron 600 for my 240 litre discus planted tank. Anything I should watch out for anything I should know before I link it up????

Just be sure to maintain it by keeping the UV light sleeve clean so you get maxium light penetration and also replace the bulb yearly.

Just be sure to maintain it by keeping the UV light sleeve clean so you get maxium light penetration and also replace the bulb yearly.

The sterilizer is for a 600 litre tank and my tank is only 240 is that a problem??? I brought the bigger version so I didn't have to buy another when I upgrade to a six ft tank. Thanks for the info cats!

I have a friend who uses a 30 something watt UV on a 75, granted he only runs it at night but that is some serious wattage for that size tank. The larger UV is not going to hurt being in a smaller tank. I have a 15w UV running off one of my canisters in my 220g.

just remember that if you plan to use this sterilizer to, well sterilize. it will need to be ran at a pretty low GPH depending on the wattage. the manufacture should state how low it needs to be for the particular model.

I have a friend who uses a 30 something watt UV on a 75, granted he only runs it at night but that is some serious wattage for that size tank. The larger UV is not going to hurt being in a smaller tank. I have a 15w UV running off one of my canisters in my 220g.

Thanks for the info il update a week or two after running it :)

just remember that if you plan to use this sterilizer to, well sterilize. it will need to be ran at a pretty low GPH depending on the wattage. the manufacture should state how low it needs to be for the particular model.

Yeah it's well within my externals capacity :)

Back
Top Bottom