Vallisneria question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobbyDoom

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought some Vallisneria online. When I got the package and opened it, I noticed that most of the leaves were dying. The root seem pretty good. Non the less they are in my aquarium, I intend to keep an eye on any other leaves rotting and take them out. I was wondering if the plants will survive and grow new shoots even if most of the leaves rot off.

If the roots look good they should grow new leaves back but be patient, my vals took longer than anyother plant to acclimate and decide to start growing.

Excellent!! Thank you for the info. I'm not new to fish, but am new to aquatic plants.

Keep us posted on progress as I have yet to hear how to keep val. It always melts on me no matter what I do.

When I first started growing jungle val it would always melt back in the first few weeks. Then it would shoot out a bunch of runners that would grow great. I bought 2 Jungle val bunches, 3 weeks later I have 6.

special.k said:
When I first started growing jungle val it would always melt back in the first few weeks. Then it would shoot out a bunch of runners that would grow great. I bought 2 Jungle val bunches, 3 weeks later I have 6.

Awesome! Yeah, I heard they grow like crazy once they settle. I'm not sure what kind I have. They aren't very wide and they are starlight and not twisted.

I have had Vel for years and they grow like crazy. Give them plenty of light. Years ago I grew them in hard water from a well and they loved it. Jungle Val grows very tall while Corkscrew Val is much shorter. They make great cover for Discus and Angels.

Well, two of the Vals already have new blades growing from the middle :)
Very exciting!!!

Back
Top Bottom