Vampire Pea puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pufferlily

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Carinotetraodon sleeps pointed nose-down with his belly pressed up on the glass, or on the side of one of the many planted flowerpots in the tank. Is this normal?
I’ve seen him nap (during the day) on a leaf in the normal position but every morning I find him stuck to the glass like a pleco or wedged Under the lip of the the tiger lily pot in the corner. He’s almost always In the opposite corner from the heater when this happens, and tends to stay next to the heater when awake. I haven’t noticed any other behaviors that raise a red flag.
Water parameters are ideal, water temp is 73 and ambient air temp (thus temp of the glass he’s pressed on) Is around 68. All other behavior is normal, diet consists of daphnia, vinegar eels infusoria, new-hatch mosquito larvae and aphids. He also picks at clusters of snail eggs when he’s bored.

Any thoughts?

Hmmm. Check your water report? I've heard extremely high levels of prescriptions meds have been found in some areas.

Back
Top Bottom