Want to breed a RARE cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yet again as most of you know i am making another 150 stocking list lol. Not really a list because i want to breed something so more like a pair. I will go around lfs's to ask them what they would buy from me. But i would only want to breed something from:

Parachromis
Cichlasoma
Vieja - maybe

The only issues I see with this is you're talking about big aggressive cichlids that tend to fight and kill their mates. If you go this route be prepared to have a divider in the tank or a secondary tank to move other fish into when the poop hits the fan.

You first need to decide of you want a breeding tank or if you want a display tank. It's very hard to accomplish both in the same tank especially with those bad boys.

Ya that what sucks lol. I will sell my two oscars and maybe the red devil. Then i will have two open 55g tanks idk what i want to do with. Well ill stick with the show tank for the 150. Maybe breed grammodes in a 55. Thanks! Im just thinking about fish to much lmao.

Back
Top Bottom