Wanted: Wanted: Low Light Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mixer

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for some low light plants, I have been told, Anubias, Java Moss, and Crypts are good. I would also like something that will grow very low almost like grass that will cover the substrate.

This will be a 10G dirted tank, with DIY CO2 and about 30 watts of daylight CFL @ 5000K. (I looked for a higher temp, but had no luck for my screw in fixture).

I will gladly pay for shipping via PayPal, but am trying to do this as cheaply as possible, so anything your getting rid of, or clippings will be fantastic.

Thanks to the group.

Do you have a Petco/Petsmart near you? You have to be careful what you buy from chain stores as they sometime sell nonaquatic plants mixed in with their aqurium plants but usually you can find java fern and annubias. However, with DIY CO2 and 30 watts of lighting (6500K-10,000K is the best for plants) on a 10gal, there is no reason you need to stick with low light plants.

Try a local Wal-Mart they have a 10000k cfl and I light have some java moss and ananubis but they are both cheap plants I would look local first it would probably cost more to ship then to just buy locally

Sent from my Droid desire using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom