wanting to set up CO2 and Dry Ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i have a 40g Breeder tanks and it is pretty heavily planted. I want to add a pressurized Co2 System and well as start using dry ferts...

i really have no idea where to start, im new to both. I need to know what i need to buy, what are some good quality brands, ect...

i currently dose with flourish and flourish excel... i have osmocote caps in my substrate for my heavy root feeders.

lighting is a total of 4 - 40W, square pin connector compact fluorescent bulbs
Dual Daylight (half 6700K, half 10K).. currently i only run all 4, for about 3 hours a day then run only 2 at a time for 5-7 hours a day... combination of the light being on for 8-10 hours a day.

i feel like my tank could really benefit from the addition of CO2 and dry ferts... some of my plants do show deficiencies, different plants have different issues from time to time (dark leaves, yellow leaves, yellow spots, holes) and ive bad 2 very minor experiences with algae, ever since i went heavily planted and added these light..

i need your help because i dont know where to start. any suggestions, advice or guidance is welcome

Back
Top Bottom