Wanting to start a new tank, need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettagirl03

Aquarium Advice Regular
About to start the long process of talking my parents into a new fish tank (It's only my second one!) and this one caught my eye. It's a Mr. Aqua rimless 12 gallon long. The dimensions are 35.4 x 8.3 x 9.4. I was wondering about the right equipment to use and how to stock it. I was thinking that since the tank is so long I could go for more active fish that wouldn't normally be good for a 12 gal.

For the filter I was thinking an ehiem canister- but I think a fluval would be cheaper. is the fluval just as good as the ehiem and is it really quiet? This filter has to be completly silent because the tank will have to go in my bedroom.

What lighting should I get? I want to be able to grow tons of cool plants, but I really know nothing about them, having only kept java fern, anubis, and marimo moss balls. Any information about plant growing is appreciated. Also please leave the names of really nice plants that I might be able to grow.

These are some fish that I like and I think might be happy in this tank (not all together of course)

tiger barbs
honey gourami
some other random type of gourami
ottos
shell dwelling ciclids
platies
long fin red minor tetras
and mollies

If you had this tank what would you stock it with?

:thanks: in advance

Maybe for stocking do

1 dwarf flame gourami

Whoops I accirentily pressed enter befor I was done

Like I said the gourami

A small school of neon tetras

2 to 3 ottos

And maybe some tiger shrimp or flame shrimp

And if your going to do plants try some amazon swords some sort of moss maybe java moss and maybe some dwarf hair grass

Do you have any good lighting yet and have you read up on co2 because co2 really helps while growing plants if you look online there are plenty of suggestions

Do you have any good lighting yet and have you read up on co2 because co2 really helps while growing plants if you look online there are plenty of suggestions
No, I need to do some research on CO2. And I'm currently looking through journals of people who have the tank I'm looking into to find a good light.

Back
Top Bottom