Wanting to start but lost.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to start a planted tank but... Well I tried it once and my tank crashed. I right now have a 20 tall, I am upgrading to a 56 column, but I might only try with a 5 gallon lol. What do I do? Can flourescent lights work? If not what about LEDs? Do I have to use fertilizer? And what about co2? I really cant afford nor do I want to use it! HELP!!!

Fluorescent Lights: Probably, depends on wattage and spectrum.
LEDS: Maybe, depends on wattage and spectrum.
Fertilizers: Not necessarily, but always helps.
CO2: No

Seriously, plop a crypt or something in a tank and see how it does.

So I can have a beautiful planted tank without co2 and fertilizers? I really like them but I got scared lol

I have a 10g that I only added a few drops of a $5 bottle of Kent Marine Fe and Mg supplement to whenever I remembered. I have wisteria and crypts in there with that were doing fantastic. I later started adding excel (also like $5), which helped cut down algae and made the wisteria go bananas. All this in hideously blue, completely inert gravel.

Only recently did I add some additional fertilizer to the tank, but still that was only because I just emptied 80% of the fish from that tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom