watchman goby dissapearance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jth3f

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a yellow watchman goby and haven't seen it since the 1st day i put it in. I have two false percula clowns, two high fin cardinals, a bar goby, a tiger pistol shrimp, and a green serpent star. I realize the serpent star could have ate it but it never moves from its spot and i target feed it daily! i know it takes them awhile to acclimate enough to become comfortable enough to come out but i have saw the pistol shrimp many times since then. Is it just burried in the sand? and if so is it probably dead? how long would it take to see the watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair up and see them together?

How many days ago has it been? Have you looked on the floor or in your overflows if you have any?

I wouldn't be too concerned. I only see my yellow watchman once a month or so...and it's usually right after the lights go out. I never see it eat, but it's bigger everytime I do see it.

I agree...it is likely hiding within the rockwork or has tunneled in the substrate. Hopefully it has found your pistol shrimp.

Our yasha goby is very personable, but it took months for it to get that way. Maybe your watchman will be less shy in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom