Water and water change help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GJMattingly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to fish keeping. I just got done cycling my tank a month ago. There is white floaties all over the place. What is this and how do i get rid of them? Also I have really hard water so how do I do water changes without hitting my fish? Thanks

pictures would help understand what the white floaties you speak of are as I am not sure what you are talking about. Conditioning your water is ideal. Prime water conditioner is a top brand I would suggest. It helps rid chlorine, metals, etc. Driftwood can make hard water softer. Pouring in water slowly can help not hit your fish. Do you have a water/gravel vac?

As stated before, I cannot help you about your "white floatys" without any pictures. About the hard water. You could get a RO/DI system or I have a water softener for my tap water so I use that.

They are hard to get pics of. One pic is the actual tank to show what's in it, I didn't know if it mattered. And if you look close you can kind of see them. I did a 20 percent water change and they have reduced in numbers drastically. Could it be over feeding? I was told to use an acid buffer by my LFS so it works and I have stuff to take chlorine out. I was just wondering if I should treat my water a couple days before I do a WC that way there isn't such a sudden change.

Attachments

• image-1965618013.jpg
    image-1965618013.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3348481549.jpg
    image-3348481549.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom