Water change And ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just did the same thing. Same tank size. I'll be watching to see what people say. I read 105 of the macro one day then 105 micro the next day. Alternate like that for 7 days. Then do a 50% water change and start all over.

105 What? milliliters..... noway!!:blink::eek:

You generally mix the ferts based on tank size using a calculator. For example I have to add 40ml of my macros and 5ml of my micros on alternate days. I mixed the nitrate separate so it doesn't unnecessarily increase your nitrate levels.

That's why I do pps pro it is actually very easy and since you have sensitive fish you won't he exposing them to more fertilizers than your tank actually needs like with ei.

So seems like its the better option, only thing is I can't seem to get ahold of them here and I don't exactly know what I need to buy from that website...

I've raised discus before and don't believe the hype! They are not that sensitive. I did a 50 wc per week and they remain perfectly healthy and happy. The tank bred discus aren't the sensitive ones it's the ones caught in the wild that are. You know how everyone says that you have to have a very low ph...... Well I mine ran 7.6-7.8 and the bred and flourished. So dnt let the worrying about all of that. As long as you take care of them they will be fine. Enjoy them they are awesome fish.

So how big did they get how long did they live? How long did it take for them to reach there full size for you?

Apparently my friend might be able to get some... What all type of chemicals would I need exactly like potassium nitrate, chleated iron etc?

so i tested my cleated iron today after 5 days and its at 0. would you assume the rest of my ferts are down there also?so should i redose? also apparently my tablet say they are used up within a week... if i was to put on in a bowl of water under some sand would it desovle the same as in my aquarium?

Back
Top Bottom