Water change?! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Above you said I can do water changes back to back. Now when I do water changes I have to replace the cichlid salts and the natural trace and the buffer max, correct? (Replace the chemicals in my tank) And I have to do that every time correct? So do I have to add the chemicals everytime or can I just keep doing several water changes and then replace all the chemicals after doing all the water changes. Cause my ammonia hasn't changed so I'm thinking about doing several 25-30% water changes
You will need to replace the chemicals. Work out the volume of water you are replacing and add the chemicals for that amount. It would probably be best and easier to just do one larger change 50-70%

Is it okay to just put all the chemicals back in at once? Or add them very slowly over several hours?

Is it okay to just put all the chemicals back in at once? Or add them very slowly over several hours?
That's one of the reasons it's better to do a large change in one go. Do say 70% and then you only have to add those chemicals once. I don't use those chems so I can't advise you on them but I suppose you just add them as you would after a regular water change. Keep doing the 50% weekly changes and I'm sure you'll be fine.....

Back
Top Bottom