Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mstrlucky74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We are moving and we have a 55g fish tank with two gold fish. Actually going to get a 75f for them.

Has anyone ever setup something we’re they’ve ran piping from tank and tied into plumbing pipe that leaves house into a cesspool? Trying to find easiest way to do water changes especially since we we are putting tank will be in basement and is below ground so draining out window will be difficult. Thanks

It's certainly doable as long as you can do a gravity drain system. The only downside is you will need to drill your tank. You can set up a drip system to constantly stream water into your tank and then have the water continually gravity drain wherever it needs to go.

You can get by without drilling your tank, but you're risking a flood.

It's certainly doable as long as you can do a gravity drain system. The only downside is you will need to drill your tank. You can set up a drip system to constantly stream water into your tank and then have the water continually gravity drain wherever it needs to go.

You can get by without drilling your tank, but you're risking a flood.

Thanks I’m not sure I completely follow. Why and where would I still tank . ThAnks

My tanks are in a basement, not too far from a sink. Somehow siphoning with a long hose to the sink works for me, not very fast but works. To fill the tanks I connect the hose to the faucet and do the reverse... providing you dont forget adding water conditioner as you fill the tank. When I feel like having a workout, I use buckets instead.

Back
Top Bottom