Water changes for 90gal heavily planted non CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I do smaller but more frequent water changes? I'm currently doing 30gal weekly. I make RO/DI and buffer it in a 30gal container in my basement. Unless I buy a 50gal+ garbage can I'm limited (I haven't found one yet). I'm wondering if I can do 15-20gal 2-3 times a week?

Yes you can. Smaller more frequent changes are even better than one large water change per week. Less change in water parameters each time. A lot of us don't have the time (or the motivation) to do more than one or two a week so large water changes are necessary.

A 20% water change three times a week is the rough equivalent of a 50% water change (50% vs 48.8%). I personally think that it might be advantageous for you, considering your individual batches will probably vary by a bit, and smaller water changes will minimize fluctuations in water parameters.

@aqua- It sounds promising. It's actually less of an inconvenience 3x a week. Also thanks Mum

Back
Top Bottom