Water changes on a nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ftfunnative

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do you think it is better to change the water 25% once a month a or 10% every ten days?

This is one a 29nano cube

I change out 6g a week on my 29g biocube. :) That schedule has allowed me to avoid any water parameter issues as well as keeps the algae out of the tank as well.

You're changing 1/2 ur water a week? You must have a large sump otherwise I'd b surprised if you're not having mini tank cycling

So far all water tests are good. Ammo-0, nitrite-0, nitrates-at 5 or less. Calcium 440, dkh-8, ph-8.4 sg-1.026 measured with refractometer. Get a little algae once in a while but thats my fault due to feeding sometimes. Turbo snails take care of it and I just have to watch my feeding.

MDChurch said:
So far all water tests are good. Ammo-0, nitrite-0, nitrates-at 5 or less. Calcium 440, dkh-8, ph-8.4 sg-1.026 measured with refractometer. Get a little algae once in a while but thats my fault due to feeding sometimes. Turbo snails take care of it and I just have to watch my feeding.

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you post on here without replying to someone else's reply?

You're changing 1/2 ur water a week? You must have a large sump otherwise I'd b surprised if you're not having mini tank cycling

the BB is in the sand & the rock :banghead:, changing 50% weekly will only help to ensure he has perfect calc, alk, & mag. Oh and waste a crap load of salt lol

Mayacan said:
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you post on here without replying to someone else's reply?

Just reply to the thread and don't use the "Quote"

Back
Top Bottom