Water params problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool. Now test every day for about a week. This way you'll know exactly how much you are using in a weeks time.

Awesome the goal is to maintain that level almost exactly in between water changes consistency of Params is key

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What !?!?! Testing everyday ????

Thoses tests takes over 20 mins to do !!!

Anyway I'm still dosing to increase Mg for GHA...

I can test after I dosed all what needed, then wait 1 week, and retest again... So I can see what has been consumed in 1 week.

LOL...you need to know how much your system currently uses per day. If not, your alk may go down then up when you dose, then down again ....corals will not tolerate this. Trust me....you don't have to do it every day forever, but until you can get a pattern established.

LOL...you need to know how much your system currently uses per day. If not, your alk may go down then up when you dose, then down again ....corals will not tolerate this. Trust me....you don't have to do it every day forever, but until you can get a pattern established.

My alk went from 8.4 to 5 in 2 months without WC/dosing...

Also, the consumption "pattern" will change soon, when the coraline growth will explode

Coralline isn't going to change things that much. A large stony coral load may, but then this is what you need to be aware of. It's called "reef keeping". ;)

Coralline isn't going to change things that much. A large stony coral load may, but then this is what you need to be aware of. It's called "reef keeping". ;)

4 LPS, 7 head duncan, 6 head duncan, 2.5 head torch, 2 head frogspawn
2 SPS, a mini accropora, a mini birdsnest

all the rest is an acan and zoans or mushs...

I'll raise my Mg, take a mesurement, then retake a mesurement 1 week later, so a rule of 3 can give the overall daily consumption.
Good deal ?

When are you going to add? Once a week? This is not going to work. Your alk will fluctuate and this is what you are trying to avoid.

When are you going to add? Once a week? This is not going to work. Your alk will fluctuate and this is what you are trying to avoid.

Naaaaahhhhhh !!!

I'll monitor weekly consumption, then divide by 7, and daily dose this numbers !

For the first week, yes the alk will fluke.

I already need to daily topoff with RODI, so I can calculate the weight of each chems to add to my RODI buckets... By alternating each days, should do the work.

Day1;mg
day2;alk
day3; ca...

Mag won't need to be added that much. I'd rather see you do alk and calcium at different times of the day.

Back
Top Bottom