Water: Paranoid or fussy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoVic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When i do the water in my tank i always have to heat the water to match the tank water! So like if i remove 10UKG the water i put back has to be at least 27-8c. my wife moans cause i only have a 1UKG pot so thats at least 10 trips across the living room carpet!
is it just me! do you all do this.... or do you just refill ( after treating) straight from the tap? and let your heater do the rest ... :confused:

I have a 10 litre bucket I fill from the tap with hot and cold water to make it the same temp as tank (roughly) its not good for the fish to put cold water straight in. Will stress them out. It's a pain in the *** but its better than floaty fishes lol

RoVic said:
When i do the water in my tank i always have to heat the water to match the tank water! So like if i remove 10UKG the water i put back has to be at least 27-8c. my wife moans cause i only have a 1UKG pot so thats at least 10 trips across the living room carpet!
is it just me! do you all do this.... or do you just refill ( after treating) straight from the tap? and let your heater do the rest ... :confused:

Get a bigger bucket. I use an old 25L DI bottle and a 19L office drinking water bottle as back-up. What your doing is correct, but just sounds silly doing it with a 5litre bucket.

Barakis said:
Get a bigger bucket. I use an old 25L DI bottle and a 19L office drinking water bottle as back-up. What your doing is correct, but just sounds silly doing it with a 5litre bucket.
Lol bigger bucket is a must if you don't want to get seriously fed up with it all. Mine holds over 15 litres but I only put 10 in as I'm a clumsy git lol

Lol bigger bucket is a must if you don't want to get seriously fed up with it all. Mine holds over 15 litres but I only put 10 in as I'm a clumsy git lol

:whistle: Clumsy my second name !! but my wife has anther anther name for me that goes after the Clumsy :brows:

Anyways I've just bought a 20lt Boiling tub of ebay that'll do just fine :D

RoVic said:
:whistle: Clumsy my second name !! but my wife has anther anther name for me that goes after the Clumsy :brows:

Anyways I've just bought a 20lt Boiling tub of ebay that'll do just fine :D

Lmao I'm only tiny, 20l would be nearly as big as me!

I use a 20 litre bucket and usually change around 40 to 50 litres each time I do it so 3 trips, I just do my temperature by touch, so a bit of hot straight from the tap/faucet then cold and so on till just feels about right, it's surprising how cold to the touch fish tank water is in my opinion, so hand in the tank then in your bucket and your not gonna be far out in matching the temp, not enough to make a difference any way.

BP

Back
Top Bottom