Water Temperature problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunb93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just bought a jewul 350 set it all up and set the temp for 26c and came back to the tank a few hours later and the thermometer was reading 29c.

The only thing is that my lights give off some heat and are within an inch of the water which I'm now trying out the tank with the smaller lights on only and turned the big pair off

Do you have a heater? If so make sure the thermostat on it is working properly. It is pretty common for those to be off by a few degrees.

Other than that, it could be the lights, heat from a pump or a filter, etc, etc.

What is the ambient room temp and what other equipment do you have in the tank?

Do you have a heater? If so make sure the thermostat on it is working properly. It is pretty common for those to be off by a few degrees.

Other than that, it could be the lights, heat from a pump or a filter, etc, etc.

What is the ambient room temp and what other equipment do you have in the tank?

Yeah I think the heater is off by a few degrees... I've set it to 18c and only using the small pair of lights to try and get the temp down to an ideal temp, if that doesn't work I might drop the water level a few inches

tanks normally get warmer in the summer try running a small fan over the water surface ,
should help bring the temp down a little,

I would just turn the heater down I found with my trigon until I removed the internal filter and went with an external the heat of the tank was never on point I think the jewul power head in the filter produces heat

I don't think I'm being too radical, but starting from late spring to early fall I unplug all my heaters. I set the air con at 75 degrees and don't Don't worry about them until October. The fish don't seem to mind. If you are unhappy with the current excess heat problem, common sense dictates, adjust your heater to a lower setting. I'm sure your situation will level out.

Back
Top Bottom