Water testing chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bass2013

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a new tank a few days ago and I'm writing down all the levels everyday I test it. Is there an app that will keep track and show me a graph and all that? I have an iPhone, what is the app called? This would be a lot better the. Writing it down every time. Thanks!

Not that I know of. But I don't think is needed all you gotta do is keep testing and doing water changes daily if you have to in order to keep everything under control. And with time all of your readings should be zeros. Good luck!

Not aware of one at the moment and oddly enough, I was wondering about this very thing the other day. Maybe you need to make us an app!

I have yet to change water, I'm waiting to do my in fish cycle started. I haven't been able to get to the pet store to buy fish yet, Tuesday is the day. The. I'll do daily water changed and what I'm needed! So right now my tanks just going through a fish less water cycle

clearancepuppy said:
Not aware of one at the moment and oddly enough, I was wondering about this very thing the other day. Maybe you need to make us an app!

For how much that would help me with my programming class I am taking I don't have the time...

Bass2013 said:
I have yet to change water, I'm waiting to do my in fish cycle started. I haven't been able to get to the pet store to buy fish yet, Tuesday is the day. The. I'll do daily water changed and what I'm needed! So right now my tanks just going through a fish less water cycle

If I were you I would do a fish less cycle. Fish in is a pita!! If I had to cycle my tank again I would do a fish less.

Sow3r said:
If I were you I would do a fish less cycle. Fish in is a pita!! If I had to cycle my tank again I would do a fish less.

See my friend did that in her 55 gallon and it got delayed and put off a month. I don't want to run into that problem. It seemed like 2 to 3 months before she stocked. And even then she had a few levels off and lost some fish, and my other friend did a in fish cycle and has much more success with his tank. So that's why I choose that route

Bass2013 said:
See my friend did that in her 55 gallon and it got delayed and put off a month. I don't want to run into that problem. It seemed like 2 to 3 months before she stocked. And even then she had a few levels off and lost some fish, and my other friend did a in fish cycle and has much more success with his tank. So that's why I choose that route

Yeah I guess it all depends on many factors. I remember when I was a kid I had 20 long that my dad stocked and I never remember him doing the nitrogen cycle. And all the fish survived. But with my 10 gallon It took a little less than 3 months to cycle. And in the process I lost 1 Molly, 5 otos and many shrimps. But again it's your decision so good luck with the route you take!!

Bass2013 said:

Both of them work equally well if they are done correctly. Obviously the fishless cycle was not done correctly or no fish would have been lost. I definitely prefer a fishless cycle, you can add almost all of your fish at once instead of a couple at a time because you have a monstrous biofilter. Not only that but its a little less maintenance. Either one works fine tho.

Hi, someone on here mentioned an app a few days ago called Aqua Planner which gives you all sorts of charts as you enter the water test results, looks like what you would be looking for and is for iPhone or iPad, worth a look at least and there is a free lite version to give it a try before you buy, hope this helps.

BP

Beehpee said:
Hi, someone on here mentioned an app a few days ago called Aqua Planner which gives you all sorts of charts as you enter the water test results, looks like what you would be looking for and is for iPhone or iPad, worth a look at least and there is a free lite version to give it a try before you buy, hope this helps.

BP

See but its not worth $3 or even $.99 for the lite version

Back
Top Bottom