Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilikefish_

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it a good idea to mix petco real ocean salt water with nutrisea water?

You mean instant ocean from petco? I would say it wouldn't really hurt anything in your tank. I have mixed both instant ocean and kent with no ill effect. They both should both contain similar elements with just different ratio.

I've been told not to mix different brand salts. Supposedly they can be mixed in separate buckets then added to the tank together... So it's possible I guess, since these are pre mixed.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

@jeffaquarius no petco has salt water like pre mixed saltwater and I want to change to nutri seawater but I have shrimp and snails and hermit crabs and I wanted to do a water change with the nutrisea water every month that way it slowly changes water but should I mix the water? Or no?

Your biggest problem is going to be if the salinity doesn't match. IMHO it's best to just mix your own water, easier to keep your params stable making your own and instant ocean or reef crystals if it's a reef are always pretty cheap

I just rather premixed salt water I don't wanna have mix the salt and everything

The saltwater that I've seen at LA petcos is the rebranded Catalina saltwater. They pump if off the coast and process it. For 5 gallons it was about $11. At lfs, they usually sell the same water for $4-5 for 5 gallons. The water ok. But it doesn't have high levels of calcium.

Back
Top Bottom