WC anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshenanagins

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm usually wary about letting my WC hose hanging over the aquarium and walking away for a sec fearing it will come flying out and soak my floor (although I have walked away from a WC and flooded my entire basement... IDIOT) SOOOOO I picked up an extra barbell weight I had lying around and voila! Works great I know you can get special hangers but I just tried something that was lying around.

Attachments

• image-3288289372.jpg
    image-3288289372.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 64
  • image-2002520386.jpg
    image-2002520386.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 62
My faucet, the hose is hooked to my bathroom sink on the main floor. I just simply slipped the hose through the hole and the weight anchored it so it doesn't flop around

Have you had any problems doing it like that? This is the kind of thing i've been trying to work out for a while. And this could well be the answer for me! :D

Have you had any problems doing it like that? This is the kind of thing i've been trying to work out for a while. And this could well be the answer for me! :D

Not at all, it's for my turtle and dempsey and haven't had any problems. Been doing this for a while

Ok cool, do others use the same method, i am just a little worried about killing off my BB is all :/

Anyone who uses the python system does. It's designed to do water changes from your faucet. Doesn't work for me since the siphon can't hold between floor levels. But as long as you dose and then fill you'll be ok

No it's time to rig up a mixer, as i don't have a faucet that does that. :D Thanks man, you have made my fishy life easier :lol:

No it's time to rig up a mixer, as i don't have a faucet that does that. :D Thanks man, you have made my fishy life easier :lol:

Lol you just need an adapter, you can get one for a couple bucks at a hardware store

Back
Top Bottom