WCMM Fry Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benjik

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

Last week our WCMM have had some fry. I have separated the fry into a separate 7.5 gallon tank with a sponge filter and have been feeding them on liquifry1. There is also some Java moss in the tank as well.

How long do the fry take to grow? I have read on line they grow quick, however it doesn’t looks like they have grown much. They look to have full round bellies now, which they didn’t when first born.

Currently, I can see about 10-15 in the tank, I am sure that there used to be more, is it common place for some of the fry not to make it?

Finally, can I put some Red Cherry Shrimp in the fry tank as well or would the shrimp eat the fry? The fry are still tiny so thought I would check before making any additions to the tank.

All advice welcome.

Thanks!

Hello! Belated Welcome. Sometimes posts slip through the cracks, Sorry that happened!

How did the babies come out, any survive?

Pwc's and lots of foods usually are good. Tiny foods and you can get baby Brine shrimp, Cyclops, Daphnia, and frozen, freeze dried, First Bites, all sorts of live foods too.

Back
Top Bottom