We just got a fuzzy dwarf lionfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishys

Aquarium Advice Activist
We just got a fuzzy dwarf lionfish. When we put him in the tank he laid on the sand and hasn't moved in an hour. Is this normal or is he dying? We acclimated him for 3 hours

Was he laying on his side or just sitting on the bottom? When I got my Volitan he would either sit on the bottom or hang upside down on the side. He didn't move much unless it was feeding time.

We have had 2 fuzzy dwarfs our first one died within a few hours. He laid on his side and started having seizures. The 2nd one laid on the sand for a little while then moved to the rocks they love to hang upside down. That is normal. FDLF are very sensitive to nitrate! The first one died of poisoning. Our nitrates were at 5. Now they are at 0 and haven't had a problem since. After a few days to a week they will get used to their environment and they are so amazing! When my husband, daughter (4) or I go up to the tank he comes right to the glass and follows us. He is like a dog. We had a guest and she put her face to the glass and he "charged" at her :)

Back
Top Bottom