Weak Siphon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, we did our water changes yesterday and tried turning off the faucet once the "draw" had been made. I left the faucet on for a good 5 minutes after the tank started draining, then turned the faucet off. It was like watching paint dry. It was obviously much much slower. So, turned the faucet back on after about 30 minutes and left it on for draining the next 3 tanks. I think, in our particular situation, turning off the faucet was not a good thing to do.
Put the hose out a door or window... or in a bathtub. It'll drain quick that way and you're not wasting water (not that I'm a tree hugger... but I am a smart spender $$). I don't even use the sink adapter valve thingy anymore. I just use a water hose screwed on to an adapter straight to the faucet.

To take water out of my tanks I just connect tubing to my power head & get water out fast
& to clean the bottom I use smaller sized tubes, it takes a while to clean but it picks up everything goes in one opening & just straight out the other

Back
Top Bottom