weird algae growing in planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ihypnotize

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm experiencing a very weird form of algae in my fresh water tank.

This is a 46 gal tank, planted. had Co2 running with high lights for about 2 months, and have now backed off of the high lights and Co2.

I keep removing this stringy stuff... looks more like a spider web then anything else, but it grown back fast... it gets like this in about a weeks time.

it seams to be around my 2 groupings of Java Moss mostly...but is starting to take over.

Can anyone help?
:thanks:

tnk%201.jpg

tnk%202.jpg

I don't know what it is since I'm still so new to this, but I think it looks kinda cool. Not sure Id want it overtaking the whole tank though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It looks like some sort of hair algae to me, I get some in my 10g just a nuisance really

Ahh the classic green hair algae, personally I think this stuff is THE WORST. Remove as much as you can by removing the effected plants/leaves. I never was able to scrub it off. Then I would either up your CO2 or lower your lighting.

Hair algae. Lower light duration and/or intensity. 3 day blackout and manual removal

Back
Top Bottom