Weird Thing On My Filter & Air Pipe??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samuel-Bennett

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found a jelly thing on my filter when I cleaned it, I wasn't sure what it was, it didn't move, I got rid of it, I had to scrape it off though. I then found one on my airstone, looked really close and it looked like there could be eggs inside, it's like a rounded shape.

Does anyone know what it is? I was thinking if anything it could be from snails? or fish? or maybe it's something I need to get rid of straight away?

Nevermind, I did a search on Google but couldn't find anything so I searched Snail Eggs on Google Images and found something exactly the same

Yeah it has moss and stuff in it, I had loads of little snails turn up when I put that in, and one that grew bigger so I don't know which one has laid the eggs, I'm hoping it's the bigger one so I can stand a chance of removing them if they get too many lol

If you want to get rid of them, or cut the numbers down, you can remove the egg sacs as you see them. Also, you can put a piece of lettuce in the tank at night and remove it in the morning before turning the lights on. The snails should gather on the lettuce to eat it.

To cut the numbers of them, make sure you are not over feeding and that you vaccum the tank on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom