Went to the LFS today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
Really gotta stop doing that, went there to get some ideas on filter options, and what not...walked out with 30 dollars worth of fishies. We now have a Khuli Loach (sherman the worm), a black ghost knife (ghost rider), and 2 tiny angel fish (not named as of yet). I know the angels can be aggressive, but thus far have shown no signs, the bgk has been chillin in the caves, and sherman is jus exploring...everyone has been getting along just fine, and no one really seems to have any issue with anything...

Will attempt pictures at a later date, once everyone has calmed down...

Bear

Will the knife have a big enough home? They get quite large, and will snack upon most community fish eventually.

Not to be a even more of a bobn (bearer of bad news), but Khuli Loaches usually do not do well unless kept in groups of at least 5 or 6. They seem to need time together to dogpile in whatever hidey hole they have.

as we get more room, we will be aquiring a larger tank, and the bgk, and loach will have more room, as well will we be getting more of the loaches. Unfortunately, the bgk did not last the nite, but we took him back to the lfs, and after a water test, they gave us credit for a new one (we bought the last one). Hopefully when we pick up the next one, he will have a bigger home.

Thank you both for the advice, and the help.

Bear

currently a 29, but we are in the process of saving to get a larger tank, and then will keep the bigger more agressive fish in the big tank.

we are planning on getting a bigger tank for the bigger fish, such as the bgk and the pleco...

We just need to get the money saved up for it. We have a voucher from the lfs that is good for a year, so we will wait until we can get a bigger tank before we get him replaced I think...

papa_bear_21 said:
Really gotta stop doing that, went there to get some ideas on filter options, and what not...walked out with 30 dollars worth of fishies. We now have a Khuli Loach (sherman the worm), a black ghost knife (ghost rider), and 2 tiny angel fish (not named as of yet). I know the angels can be aggressive, but thus far have shown no signs, the bgk has been chillin in the caves, and sherman is jus exploring...everyone has been getting along just fine, and no one really seems to have any issue with anything...

Will attempt pictures at a later date, once everyone has calmed down...

Bear

Bad.... BAD. BAAAADDDDD!!!!! never do that again :lol:

Ok, so the 2 angels died, one yesterday while I was at work, and the other over nite. Cant fathom why either, the water tested great, ph was about 7.6. The lfs tested it, and nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia was all zero. I dont know if the lack of nitrates might be the problem, but everyone else is doing just fine. I think we are going to bypass the bgk and the angels for now until we can provide a proper home for them. We will likely be heading up there tomorrow or tuesday and getting some more khuli's...grab up a few of them, so that sherman has some buddies...

They looked emmacculate, the color was perfect, all black. They were between nickel and quarter size, and were very active, checking everything out. Never showed signs of aggression, and seemed to be happy. Same with the BGK, his color was awesome, pure black, and seemless white. I dont know if it was more that the angels and bgk were not acclimated long enough, or what. The loach, which was acclimated longest, is doing fine. Every other fish from this lfs is doing just fine, but these 3 didnt do too well...we lost 1 guppie out of 6 from here too...maybe a longer acclimation time?

thats the wierd thing...we dripped them this time, the loach dripped for near an hour, where as the others were less. Could the LFS be that far off from our perameters? we did a drip just like I read about on here, the bgk was about 20 minutes, the angels about 30-40, and the loach was last. I am guessing maybe a 1 hr drip time?

Thank you to everyone for the help,

Bear

Back
Top Bottom